Today, our Co-Founder and Creative Director Tilman Sillescu gives a short introduction of our software instrument Lyrical Cello Phrases. He demonstrates how easy it is to create very emotional and moving background tracks. Enjoy the clip. If you want to learn more about composing with a cello and the idea behind Lyrical Cello Phrases, scroll down to watch the other videos.
INTERVIEW PART 1
Have you ever wondered about an instruments’ strengths? Our co-founder Tilman Sillescu, who has worked for major projects such as Crysis 2, Mortal Kombat X, The Hobbit 2 Trailer and Total War: Warhammer, sat down to teach us how to effectively use one of our favorite instruments: the cello.
In this video you’ll learn:
- how to build a beautiful bass foundation
- the most common mistake composers make, when using a cello
- which instruments are great to double with a cello
- what role the cello plays in an emotional narrative and so much more.
Enjoy the video and share it with your fellow composers.
INTERVIEW PART 2
A few days ago we shared an interview we made with Tilman on how to use a cello from a composer’s perspective. The insights he shares in that interview triggered a journey which led us to create a beautiful instrument, with which you can implement the flexibility of a digital tool combined with the emotionality of an instrumentalist’s performance.
In this second part of our interview you’ll learn:
- why sometimes it helps the performance to turn the metronome off
- how an instrumentalist’s performance can help with clients who find it hard to think abstractly
- whether phrase-libraries stifle or promote creativity and why
- for which projects Tilman is personally using the library
- what the next evolutionary step for VST-plu-ins will most likely be
and of course, a lot, lot more. Enjoy! If you missed part 1 of the interview, scroll down to watch it.
We have more interesting articles and videos coming in the future. Stay up-to-date and get them delivered to your inbox.